Garrett High School 2013 Scholarships
Scholarships administered by the DeKalb County Community Foundation may be used for tuition, books, and required fees. Scholarship awards may not be used for room and board expenses.
For 2013, the DeKalb County Community Foundation has 8 to 14 scholarships available to Garrett High School seniors. With your one application we will determine the scholarships for which you qualify and include your application in the selection process for each of them.
The following are examples (not a complete list) of various qualifiers used to match you to our scholarships: high school; field of study; GPA; college/university attending; participation in high school sports or agriculture programs. The listing below will give you an overview of your scholarship opportunities along with ranges of the amounts awarded. Many of these scholarships have additional qualifiers which will be considered when your application is reviewed.
- 2-4 scholarships that are open to any field of study (awards ranging from $200 - $5,000 renewable)
- 1-2 scholarships for students with an agriculture background or who will study agriculture, landscape design, horticulture or plant science related fields (awards range from $1,000 - $2,000)
- 1-3 scholarships for two year degrees or vocational/technical training (awards ranging from $1,000 - $3,000 renewable)
- 1 scholarship for a student who participated their senior year in the science fair program (award is $1,000)
- 1 scholarship in an automotive related field (award is $400)
- 1 scholarship in a nutrition field (award is $1,000)
- 1-2 scholarships for students going in the field of education (awards ranging from $300 - $2,500)
Please read the Application Instructions carefully before completing your Scholarship Application.